1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

TRIAL - NO CREATURES SHOWING AFTER INSTALL

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by slappinguglies, Jun 9, 2013.

1. slappinguglies

slappinguglies New Member

Hi,

This is my first post to these forums.

I am comparing D20pro against Fantasy Grounds for my gaming group.

The D20pro trial isn’t getting off to the best of starts, as I am having the following issue.

I have visited the market place (Downloads > Launch Marketplace) and downloaded and imported (Token Pack 01: Characters & Token Pack 02: Goblins & Kobolds) the packs from Devin Night.

Despite the import appearing to be successful, I have no creatures listed in the creature library (D20 Pro > Library > Creature Library). I was expecting to see at least some creatures within the demo and went to the marketplace as none were shown.

I have tried this on a Mac and a Windows 7 pc with the same results.

Can someone help?

Many thanks in advance.

2. ChrisRevocateur

Re: TRIAL - NO CREATURES SHOWING AFTER IMPORT

The Devin Night tokens are just that, tokens. Just pictures to assign to creatures you have created. If you want completed creatures, I think there's a pit fiend for sale in the marketplace, or for unpolished creatures (just imported raw from Hero Lab,) you can download the Pathfinder Bestiary that shows at the top of every page except the index in this forum.

The benefit over FantasyGrounds is the integrated rules automation, but that means for a creature to be "complete" takes a bit more work.

3. slappinguglies

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply and information.

I think my issues could be that I am unfamiliar with the D20pro UI and I don't know what to expect.

As a new user, it is confusing when you install and select one starter campaign (say D&D 3.5) and then navigate to the Library and see some populated creatures/tokens. But if you select another starter campaign no creatures/tokens appear.

I think the "GetStartedwithd20Pro_V3_3.pdf" assumes that the starter campaign will be D&D 3.5. If a new user (like me) selects a different starter campaign they will get confused when no creatures/tokens are available.

Anyway, I took your advise and downloaded the Pathfinder Bestiary (came as a map, right click to add a creature/token to the Library). Now I've got some creatures! :)

Where are the Devin Night tokens supposed to appear after they have been downloaded and imported from the Marketplace?

Thanks for your help so far.

Ian.

4. ChrisRevocateur

When you have a creature's character sheet open (either by double clicking it in the library, or if it's out on a map, selecting it and pressing E) click on the picture. This will take you to a menu to choose a new picture for the creature. I'm not at my computer, but I'm pretty sure that there will be a file explorer frame on the left side of the picture selection window. They should be in a file marked devin night.

5. slappinguglies

Hi Chris,

Yes that worked just as you described.

I've created a new creature which is blank then edited it, clicked on the picture then I could browse to what I had downloaded (Devin Night) to select a token image. I feel like I am getting somewhere now.

Next step is to make up a Player character as a token.

Thanks for all your help.

6. slappinguglies

Hey All,

For any new users reading this post, Chris (read above) and D20pro support have been really great in responding to my questions (despite me being a newbie).

Here's the latest I received from support.

"I have to apologize as I was giving you some bad info on part of this. We weren't able to work things out with Hero Lab in time to get the Pathfinder OGL bestiary included into out most recent release. These will be included in the next version and until then you would need to download the bestiary created by a user on our forums. You can find the post, along with some instructions on how to get them imported here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=376.

For the Devin Night tokens, those are images and not actually creatures that will be added to the library. You can use these images as the portrait for creatures you create or edit.

I'm sorry I go things turned around here. Does this help clear things up for you on this front?
    Best,
    Ken Weilbacher
    IT & Online Development
    http://www.d20Pro.com"

Many thanks to Chris and Ken for your help. The more I play around and test D20pro the more likely I am to buy it. There is a lot of good advice in the forums and plenty of help.

cheers.