1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Trial Version Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Pfaff, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Michael Pfaff

Michael Pfaff New Member

I'm very interested in buying this, however, I don't want to commit the $30 without actually trying this at one of my sessions.

Does the trial version last for a full 6-8 hours?

I'm planning to use it at a real life tabletop game and hook my laptop up to my LCD television (DM side is on laptop, second display as the LCD for players).

Would this work? Or, does the trial version only last for a specified time?

Thanks!

~Mike

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

The trial lasts for an entire month, which should give you plenty of time to actually develop a campaign and play it with your friends.

Running two instances, of the software, on your machine and connecting the player instance to the LCD projector works. However, your players will be "stuck" watching you do everything; and the software will do little more, in terms of game-play, than show your maps/monsters on the projector. (Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent first step; and is exactly what I did for my first encounter).

However, if you can manage even one additional PC (which can also have the free trial running), you can assign the extra PC to your players, and the DM PC to the DM. This will shows many more of the programs strengths.

3. Michael Pfaff

Michael Pfaff New Member

Sweet. Thanks for the great advice.

I'll check out the setup you mention and see if it works well. I'm positive one of my players has a laptop of some kind.