1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble with my 3.2 install, cannot Initialize string

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mahhand, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mahhand

mahhand Member

I am having trouble getting my backup from my dm computer of my current campaign to work. when I launch my fresh d20pro install it works fine, but when i copy over and overwrite my campaign folder I get that failed to Initialize string error. I really need to campaign data as we are in the middle of a big battle. can anyone pls help me with this? I can send d20pro folder/files if that is needed. Got an upcoming campaign after a long break so really need to figure this out asap.

Thank you

mahhand

2. mahhand

mahhand Member

I though i might add a bit more info here. I am copying and overwriting my entire "D&D 3.5 OGL folder. Maybe that isnt the way you move over your campaign data? I see that there are sub folders inside named "game, pref, res, stored". should I just be moving my old data from one of there into the current install? thanks

3. mahhand

mahhand Member

The full description of the error is

Failed to Initalize RES
    Caused by: String index out of range: -1.

4. mahhand

mahhand Member

I seemed to have fixed it with the info from this post. Not sure If i am suppose to delete this tread now of just let everyone know I fixed it. Thank you

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1215

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm glad you were able to fix the issue.

You can also simply delete those DAT files, then once you open d20Pro again it will create fresh versions of the deleted DAT files.