1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

trouble with roster working correctly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PenCapChew, Jan 15, 2013.

1. PenCapChew

PenCapChew New Member

I am having issues with the roster showing the correct amount of creatures when I click for rolling initiative. I have a map where I have the four PC's visible, near a podium area in a city. I wanted to simulate an ambush for an encounter, so I had 12 goblins (mixture of minions and warriors) split up in small groups on the north, south, and west side of the city map. I selected all these monsters and made them invisible. When I announce their presence, I make all of them visible for the PC's but they are still in passive. What's the easiest way to make sure they all show up in the initiative (active roster)? I'd also like to copy each encounter map, so I can use one of the maps as mock encounter test map to see if the monsters are too tough for the PCs before a gaming session. I can't figure out to copy, it only discards the original map and makes a copy one, not a clone of both maps with monsters/pc's included.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Select all the creatures you want to become active participants in the battle and press the Hotkey: I
    (that hotkey is the letter "i" as in initiative.

If the map is already open, goto the d20Pro Menu then press the "x" to close the map. However, choose the "Save Copy..." button to save the current state as a new map. (make sure you save the map's state first by pressing the save icon from the d20Pro Menu so your original is saved).

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

you can do one of few things add them to roster before or after by right clicking creature go to alter> initiative> Enter initiative or I for hot key. this will roll initiative for them move them to active roster, they will not show up in Players roster until you make the visible but they will be in yours. drag the mouse and highlight all the creatures you want and just hit I it will add all selective creatures to active roster. you can also use hold down crtl or shit and click each creature to highlight them all. if you do this before pressing roll initiative, it will roll it and you will see those in active roster creatures in the initiative order. In that screen you can adjust the order to the way you want, or fudge numbers by clicking on each creature. That is the only way to change the order with out re-rolling initiative or delaying a creature or readying a creature (same thing as far as program is concerned) You will notice when you where in alter>initiative>Go Now or G hot key this does exactly what it says it interrupts current creature and move them in to that spot of initiative order. Also nothing stop Judge from attack out side his turn, thus simulating surprise.

for copying map all creatures must be on it, press d20 Icon the map I have in mine right now is The Crystal Plaza I the little note pad looking icon next to it. It brings up a box that says save map(very very important. :shock: before exiting d20 pro you should always save the map by pressing ok. I lost a whole game session and day worth adding markers due to a java error because d20 pro does not save the maps when you close the program. ) but back to copy you will also see button that says "save copy..." press that and it will bring up a screen asking you to name the copy of the map, default is "Copy of The Crystal Plaza" or the name of the map is, press ok. It will save the new copy and ask you if you want to view it now. the map will now be in your library under the name you gave it with the same module your old map was organized in. There tons of little tricks and tips check the boards learn the hot keys will speed up your game drastically.

Ack Ed Ninja me.