1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to access server to download licence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edgewood, May 9, 2011.

1. Edgewood

Edgewood New Member

Hey all,

New to the scene and I and to try out the program. I downloaded the latest version but when I attempt to log in, I get this message

The server you are connecting to appears to be running a different version of the software. Please verify that you are running the same version and try again.

Your current client version is: 1.0.0
    Caused by: invalid type code: 00.

I'm running d20pro as administrator and I'm running Vista with sp1. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail Edgewood,

We are scratching our heads on this one. Can you ask the person's game who you are connecting to what version of d20Pro they are running? Also, what version of Java do you have installed on your Vista machine? You can bring up a command prompt and type java -version.

3. Edgewood

Edgewood New Member

I'm not attempting to gain access to a game. I'm just trying to enter my user name and password from the main log in page. At least I'm not trying to log into a game as far as I know.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Edgewood,

If you have selected to "login to download a license" by placing a user and password then clicking the green check mark, then getting the error..

I am thinking this could be a Java issue. I would reinstall Java (version 6).

Then try again. Let us know if this solution does not solve your issue.

5. Glav

Glav New Member

Hi Edgewood,

While I'm not totally sure what's going wrong, it looks like the stream between d20Pro and the Live Server is getting corrupted. As a test, could you please try the following:

Locate your d20Pro installation directory and look for the d20Pro.bat file. Open it in a text editor (like notepad), and find the line that begins:

start %JAVA% -Xmx512m -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false ...<rest of line>...

Then, in between the "-Xmx512m" and the "-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false", add "-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true" so the line will begin with:

start %JAVA% -Xmx512m -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false ...<rest of line>...

Make sure to save the file, and then try running d20Pro by double-clicking the d20Pro.bat file. Try logging in again and let us know if this gets you past your problem.

--Glav

6. Edgewood

Edgewood New Member

Well, I checked java and I'm running the latest version (6.25). I was able to get past the initial sign in screen and got to eh screen that offered me the choice to buy a license or start the trial, but I never get past that screen. However, that has happened only the one time. Glav, I tried what you suggested but when I used the find feature in notebook, it says it cannot find the line you listed at all. I tried all sorts of ways to locate the line but it simply isn't there. I appreciate the help. Since I don't have the line, where should it be inserted since I can simply copy and paste it right in from your post?

Thanks to you all for your help in this.

7. Glav

Glav New Member

Hmmm... ok. Two things:

1) You say you now get past the initial login step and can see the choices to start a trail, buy a license, etc... What happens if you click one of those buttons? Do you get an error and is it the same error you originally posted, or something new? Can you click the Manage Account button and see the email you used to register your account?

2) If you want to try the d20Pro.bat test again, I'll just give you the full contents of the file below (it's only a few lines), with the extra flag added:

Code:
    @echo off
    setlocal

REM By default, we locate java in the path.  If you do not have a valid 32bit JRE found first in the path
    REM The update the below with a full absolute path to a javaw.exe
    set JAVA=javaw

start %JAVA% -Xmx512m -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar d20Pro.dat

This should be the content you have in your <d20Pro Install Dir>\d20Pro.bat. Save that as your d20Pro.bat file and then try running d20Pro by double-clicking the d20Pro.bat file. Try logging in again and let us know if this gets you any further.

--Glav

8. Edgewood

Edgewood New Member

Okay, not sure what happened because I haven't had a chance to implement your latest suggestions Glav but I am able to get things up and running. I have opened the program and closed it out several times and there no longer seems to be any issues with getting things going here. Thanks so much for your help everyone. Now I just have to start checking out the manual, skim through these forums and get down to some on line gaming!!

Thanks!! :D

9. Glav

Glav New Member

Glad you're up and running. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Good Gaming!

--Glav

10. Tharck

Tharck New Member

Glav's avatar is a shiny demon. Don't trust him.