1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to determine Public IP

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by templar12, Aug 17, 2011.

1. templar12

templar12 Member

Situation: Since upgrading to 2.4, and the IP address undetermined in Options, I am able to use whatismyip and obtain it. However, when I give it out to my players, they are able to connect -automatically- without a prompt to me from the game system to allow them to join. if I protect my game with a password, and they use it to log in, the system times out and does not allow them to connect. Is this what is supposed to happen with the 2.4 glitch?

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

This sounds like a bug unfortunately. Can I assume that you used passwords regularly (or at least a handful of times) for your games before upgrading to 2.4? Do you know if this issue started immediately after upgrading to 2.4 or did it work until the change in the IP recognition?

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met templar12,

The in-game IP feature, as you noted, became broken when whatismyip.com changed their protocol. The upcoming d20Pro v3.0 release talks to whatismyip.com using the method and is fully operational again.

Though this isn't related to the password timeout problem you are experiencing. Nothing has changed in v2.4 that would cause this. Could you try connecting a Player to your Judge from the same computer (127.0.0.1) with a password in place and see if that works?

4. templar12

templar12 Member

Thanks for the advise, I will try it once I am back in the good ol' USA mext month!

5. templar12

templar12 Member

Back in good old US again! Funny, I am having the same errors as before. Did some research and playing around. Found the SPI setting was enabled in firewall, which completely blocked port forwarding. Password now required to enter hosted game as needed in the advanced setting, just like I set up. But it still didnt ask me to allow join.
    here is link that helped identify:
    http://www.pcwintech.com/common-problem ... forwarding
    :oops: