1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to edit Hero Lab imports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gandolfifeesh, Sep 5, 2015.

1. gandolfifeesh

gandolfifeesh New Member

Hero Lab: v12.2
    D20 Pro: v3.4.8

Hi all,

I've not used D20 Pro in quite some time, and come back to what looks to be a few nice feature updates.

However, after importing Hero Lab's .hld20pro file into D20 Pro, I seem to be unable to edit the character inside D20 Pro. I have so far attempted:

- Double clicking on the character in the library yields the following warning: 'Failed to edit creature'.
    - Dragging the imported character into a map, right-clicking them and then selecting edit. Nothing appears to have happened.

Any idea why this is the case?

Thanks

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I would make sure we have the most up to date herolab importer, found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3067

Next, make sure to run d20Pro as Admin to allow read and write privileges.

If both those steps do not solve the issue, please send the d20.log plus the herolab character and we will see what's going on.