1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unlock movement for NPCs

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Leathermartini, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Leathermartini

Leathermartini New Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned: 4E can create some PC characters with a -lot- of forced movement powers. As it stands, there isn't a good way to enable players to be able to move NPCs. Could it be possible for a toggle that would allow that? (Or even a way for players to attempt to slide/push/pull a mob with a judge confirmation?)

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Only way to move them you have to have ownership. The DM has to move them otherwise

3. Leathermartini

I know that is how it works currently. I'm asking if this is something being considered. My wife has a character where I believe every power moves either her, an ally, or her target.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Anytime a player uses an ability that forces movement on another creature, as DM, I would move the affected creature as long as the player is successful. To tie in forced movement with an ability in d20Pro seems way to complicated to implement and apply when you can more easily manipulate creature movement/forced movement as a DM by pressing the mouse button, moving the mouse, and releasing the mouse button.

Whereas, to implement a "forced movement shift" the program would have to take account of the character's position in relation to each other, the direction of the shift (up/down, left/right, or a combination thereof), and the number of squares of the shift. The Player would then have to select the ability that uses the "forced movement shift", select the creature that is affected, then proceed to see if the ability succeeds or fails. The Judge would then see that the Player has used the ability making sure the Player used the correct number of squares for the shift then selects if it succeeds or fails. It just seems more cumbersome to let d20Pro handle this automatically since there would be more steps involved.

Now, if we are talking about a feature that lets the Judge assign "community creatures" to all Players, I don't see this any different than a standard figure on the table that a group of friends are seated around, where anyone can handle the creature and move it around the map. I wouldn't mind this being an option to the Judge to assign a creature to "All Players". It would be relatively easy to implement, and people can independently chose to use it or not.

5. Leathermartini

I would like the second option, where I as judge could just toggle something and let anyone move anything.

The first option would be the "coded" way for effects to shift their target.