1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Update Notification

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ncassella, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

In our last few sessions I've run into an issue with all my players not having the same version of the software. As the GM I open the program a lot more often then they do, and tend update more often. Often I forget to let them know I updated and then we spend game time installing updates. I was wondering if there are any plans to have a notification once the program is opened letting users know that there is a new update? If not could there be?

Nate

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If a user uses any other version of d20Pro than the Judge/GM, they will receive the following message:
    [​IMG]

They need to update.
    Note: The version they have is displayed (it could differ from this example image).

3. ChrisRevocateur

I think what he's talking about is an update mechanism like what Hero Lab has. A pop up or something that says "There is a new version of d20Pro. Would you like to update?" with "Yes" and "No" buttons, and an automatic download of the update.

4. ncassella

ncassella Member

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'd like the guys in the group to know that they should be updating before we get to the game, and I can't always remind them.