1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading to 2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hawkwind, Dec 9, 2010.

1. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

I am glad to hear that a new version is out but would like reassurance that existing campaigns will not be lost. Do you recommend backing up any campaign data files? Also can I be on record as the first person to request 2.4

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I was able to use the installer to install on top of the current directory. And all my current campaign stuff is still there, ready for use. The only thing that changed is placement of windows and such, which is easy to rearrange how I like.

After I loaded up the program, everything was in order: licenses still displayed, all creatures, maps, spell effects, and etc still there ready to be used. It did take longer to boot up first, but after the first boot (30sec), it boots fairly quickly now (4sec)... your times may very.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

You are officially on the record for the person already requesting 2.4.

You could make a backup before your do the install over 'just in case'. If something were to happen during installation (computer crash, process gets stopped) then data has a chance of getting lost.

Upgrading is a safe operation unless some crazy happens with your computer during installation.

4. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

The upgrade went fine however I had just imported a load of top down counter images of monsters and characters, every single one of them is up side down for the new creature facing feature. Guess I am going to have to turn arrow symbols.

5. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met hawkwind,

I assume the natural images for your top down pictures are pointing south. What if you could run all your top down mini image files through a rotate 180* transformation? That should solve your problem.

The software could be upgraded to allow the Judge to set the "offset angle" to auto correct for this kind of thing. This could be a per campaign setting or a per creature setting.

So partly out of laziness but also our of consistency, I think the source image files should be rotated so they face north by default. :geek:

The main reason facing made it in was the ability to properly use top down images. Let's figure out a workable solution so you can flex this feature as it was intended.