1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

User connection issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robotguy, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I've been running a D20Pro game for a year now so I've got the basic connection issues all solved (currently running 3.5.7), but occasionally I'll have a problem at the beginning of a session where some of my 6 players will connect no problem, but some end up timing out and then can't reconnect because the server already thinks they're connected. I've tried refreshing resources, rebroadcasting, etc. with no luck. Either the player has to connect with a different username, or I have to restart the server because there's no way for the GM to kick a player. Has anyone else seen this?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yes, it happens on occasion and you are correct in stopping D20PRO and restarting it (connected players, will auto reconnect). It isn't the best of solutions but it works. if I recall correctly, it is on the list of things being looked into (possibly creating a GM kick feature).

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Robotguy!

I'm going to piggyback on what Krilion_GD said...
    I have this happen when there's one person who has a slow internet connection. Best thing for us is to have the GM save and close D20PRO then restart D20PRO again.

If "player" says they can't connect because "player" already exists, I would recommend the GM to restart D20PRO. As, if "player" renames to "playerME" all the assets are downloaded a second time which could take more time to resolve than for the GM to restart D20PRO.