1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Using d20Pro as just a table top game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xianswaffles, Dec 29, 2012.

1. xianswaffles

xianswaffles New Member

i first would like to say i'm sorry if i have started a topic that someone already started. this is my very first question and topic and this program is a bit confusing to use right now. anyhoo, my questions is this; would it be possible to use my laptop to run d20Pro, hooked up to my HDMI TV and use this as a normal table top game instead of using a internet connection? and if so, how do i pull it off? if anyone would please help, please reach me at xian_l33t@yahoo.com or xianwaffles@gmail.com. thank you for your time reading this.

Christian

2. Dragonmaster13

You can have d20Pro running on the laptop in Judge mode. Then have another instance of d20Pro running as a player. Have the second monitor hooked up and just move the player window into it. Your players see only what you want them to see and you see everything on your screen.

3. xianswaffles

xianswaffles New Member

ok, i can see how that would work in a way i guess... but what about the player part. would i log in to my installed license as a player and a judge? and if so, do i use the same IP address as my network when i log in as the Player side. By the way my license is d20Pro + 2 Guest

4. ChrisRevocateur

What you do is open d20Pro and sign in as a judge. Then you open another instance of d20Pro and sign in as a player. I can't remember what you should put as the IP address to log into your own computer, but I'm sure someone here does, or can point you to it.

5. BoomerET

BoomerET New Member

Open d20pro as Judge.

Open 'Options' from main menu. (d20pro dice symbol)

Click on Judge tab, then select 'Get IP Address'

This will display both your Public (Internet) IP, as well as your Local IP.

You want to use the Local IP if you're only playing on your own network.

BoomerET