1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Using DD3 maps question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain, May 2, 2012.

1. Captain

Captain New Member

I'm using DD3 to make the maps for my d20Pro game and I'm having trouble getting the grid to match up. Can anyone tell me the best map size to use in DD3 for the grid to match-up decently in d20Pro? I made an outdoor map with a house in the middle with a 20x20 grid of 5ft squares and when I create a map in d20Pro using the JPEG file the grid is off so that two of the house walls are in the middle of a grid.

Thanks in advance to all help,
    Cap

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Cap,

Can you provide links of the following:
    1) DD3 file
    2) JPG image (your DD3 image export)

You can host the files on google documents / google drive and provide share links, or you can use any other free online storage provider. Then I can take a look at what you are experiencing and give you some directions on how to better get your grid to match up in d20Pro.

Best,

3. Captain

Captain New Member

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Cap,

Before 603x600
    [​IMG]

Ok, here's what I would do (inside CC3/DD3).

Make sure "Snap" is ON
    1. Save As...
    2. Save as type: "Rectangular section JPEG"
    3. Options...
    4. Let's pick 30px per square, we know we have 20x20 grid, thus 20x30=600px, so Width=600 and Height=600.
    5. No options selected, using 100% progressive JPEG (you can select lower quality if you would like)
    6. OK
    7. Save
    8. Using the rectangle tool, select just the occupied parts of the map from one edge corner to the other.

Given that, you should end up with the following image. 600x600
    [​IMG]

d20Pro import from file. Use 30px/square. (20x20 grid size)
    [​IMG]

See if you get the same results as I have.

5. Captain

Captain New Member

Curtis,

For so reason CC3 will not render a JPEG file for me using "Rectangular section JPEG". When I figure this out I will try your method.

Thanks for the help!

Kirk

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Kirk-

When you say it won't render a JPEG file, are you talking about the Active Sheet Effects (shading/shadows/etc)? Or, it won't even create the JPEG file?

If it's the first part, simply turn on the Active Effects by clicking on the "Drawing Sheets and Effects" button, and make sure "Active Sheet Effects" is checked. Then use the before mentioned procedure.

Or, if you can create a "Rectangular selection PNG" though the file size will be much larger. Then simply when you create the map in d20Pro, choose save as JPG.

Here's when I render the image before I create the JPEG from rectangular selection.
    [​IMG]

7. Captain

Captain New Member

Curtis,

It will not create a file for any of the "Rectangular section" types only for the non-Rectangular section types. I'm trying to figure out why this is happening.

Thanks for you help,

Kirk