1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

v3.4.3 (Release Candidate 3)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by thraxxis, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Gamers,

v3.4.3 is now available. The vastly new and improved d20Pro Publishing interface is here. It got a complete overhaul from v3.4.2 and sets a new standard for ease of use. I've demonstrated it to a couple of our long time Marketplace publishers and they are blown away. It has never been easier to take content (especially map tiles and creature tokens) and productize them. So everyone out there look forward to much, much more content on the Marketplace this year and beyond.

Also the work on the Publishing interface resulting in some long overdue improvements for all the GMs out there. There is a new bulk image importer that works with the Map, Creature, and Item Libraries. Definitely check it out. There should be no more digging into the subdirectories of the campaign to dump images. It's all automated through a wizard now. Please read through the release notes below for more information.

I also addressed a significant performance issue that would arise with pre v3.4.1 maps due to the old way of JPEG encoding. This has been fixed and d20Pro v3.4.3 will automatically correct all the JPGs at startup. So be prepared for some processing time after you patch, but it will only happen once per campaign.

On another positive note, GMs should notice much faster launch times as d20Pro no longer aggressively scans the resource folders on startup anymore. This is also noted in the release notes, see excerpt below:

Code:
    ==v3.4.3==

===Features===
    * Bulk Image Import Wizard
    	A brand new interface that allows the Judge to quickly and easily add image files
    	and/or entire directories of images to use as Map Tiles, Creature Tokens, or Item
    	Tokens. Click the "Images" button at the bottom of the corresponding library to
    	launch this new interface. 
    * Drag & Drop Support
    	Image files may now be dragged from the OS and dropped in a number of places:
    	- Create Map Wizard
    	- Edit Creature Dialog
    	- Import CTR Image 
    	- Import ITEM Image
    	- Text Field File Choosers
    	Map files (.d20_map) may now be dragged to the Map Library to import them.
    * Faster Judge Startup
    	The resource system no longer scans for changes at startup, which should speed
    	up launch times. GMs with large campaigns should notice a dramatic improvement. 
    	As a caveat, if any images are copied into the res/FLR, res/CTR, or
    	res/ITEM folders these will not be detected at launch the way they used to be.
    	Instead the GM should go to Options -> Judge and click "Refresh Resources" to
    	initiate the scan.  	
    * Revamped Browser Launcher
    	Now uses the Java Desktop to launch the browser. 
    * Product Publishing
    	Vastly improved final form of the product publishing interface.

===Fixes===
    * JPEG Performance
    	JPEG images encoded by d20Pro pre-v3.4.1 would render sluggishly in v3.4.1+. 
    	These files are now repaired automatically and performance should return to normal.

This build appears stable; however, I made some considerable changes so I'm going to leave this as a release candidate for a week maybe two before promoting it to the official release of v3.4.

All you intrepid users out there (you know who you are) please bang away on v3.4.3 and let me know what you think! :ugeek:

Because v3.4.3 will re-encode all your campaign's .jpg files, please make a backup beforehand just in case if you plan to install v3.4.3 directly on top of your primary installation. This process should be benign but I'd like everyone out there to err on the side of caution.

Installers:
    Win64
    Win32
    Mac
    Linux

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.