1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

v3.4.4 (Release Candidate 4)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by thraxxis, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Gamers,

As many of you know, I am working on d20Pro (and the upcoming Unlimited Tabletop) full time. Also, after many years, I am finally GMing again. It is fantastic to be role-playing again and it has invigorated me. I have fresh insight into using d20Pro and decided a key feature needed addressing: Creature Merge.

I'm sure many GMs out there are familiar with this scenario. Your players submit their original PCs. They adventure and maybe gain items. Then they level and send in new PCs. How do you reconcile the incoming updated PC with the existing one in-game? With v3.4.4 there is a merge facility where you take the existing Creature in-game and an incoming Creature from the Library and do a visual merge.

This UI also provided a way to get a new and improved character sheet for "free". Double-clicking on an in-game Creature will now bring up this new style of Character Sheet. Newly created Campaigns will show this by default. If you have an existing Campaign and want to use the new sheet, please scan the Release Notes below for instructions.

v3.4.4 Release Notes:
    Code:
    ===Features===
    * Creature Merge Wizard
    	An existing Creature in-game may now be merged with an incoming Creature chosen from the
    	Creature Library. This wizard is activated by "Alter -> Merge" from the Creature context
    	menu.
    * New Creature Character Sheet
    	The default character sheet shown when double-clicking on an in-game Creature has been
    	replaced with a new, comprehensive interface. To activate the new character sheet for
    	legacy Campaigns, click the "Show Campaign Folder" button in "Options -> Judge" and
    	delete the ~/res/ManuallySpecified/stats.zip file and restart d20Pro.
    * Overwrite Library Creature
    	When using the "Location -> Save Creature" menu option for a Creature, you will receive
    	an overwrite prompt if there is already a Creature in the Library with the same name
    	and module. Creature Import will also prompt for overwrite.
    * View Game Log History
    	View a complete history of the game log by clicking the new icon button at the top of 
    	Options -> Judge next to the Campaign's name. This is a convenience method to deal with
    	the long standing "Game.html" file residing in the campaign's "game" folder.
    * Display IP Address in Title
    	Both the Player and Judge apps display the game's IP address and port in the title bar.	 	

===Fixes===
    * Saving mechanism on exit is now more robust.

v3.4 will be in wide release by March 1st, in time for exhibiting at PAX East. If you will be there in Boston, please drop by the Mesa Mundi booth and say hello!

Installers:
    Win64
    Win32
    Mac
    Linux

P.S. I discovered a few small things that I will address in v3.4.5 so stay tuned for one more release before v3.4 is final. So you may wait for that or if you want to give the Creature Merge Wizard a try right away please grab v3.4.4 and let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.