1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Very slow response since user rolled 10,000 d100's

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by AkosPrime, Mar 14, 2019.

1. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

Ever since one of my players decided for some ungodly reason to have the system roll 10,000 d100's the system has been very slow and jerky. We've stopped and restarted the server, including rebooting the system its on to no avail. I've erased the logs, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. Is there any method to edit the actual DAT file and just delete that idiotic section of rolls? Because I think that's what's slowing everything down.

If that's not possible, is it possible to export the maps as they currently exist with monsters, triggers, fow, etc. and all the characters and then create a new blank campaign and import them?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

In the campaign folder, you should be able to remove (or rename)
    Game.html
    gamelog.dat

make sure not to remove gamestate.dat (unless all your maps are saved and closed)

upload_2019-3-14_14-56-49.png

Players can do the same, but the structure is slightly different (rather than /judge/)
    /player/campaigns/

3. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

Thanks! That did the trick! Everything running smoothly again. Kind of stinks to lose immediate online access to everything else in the log, but I can live with it since the interface makes the game playable again. Thanks for the help.