1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Videos

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Minandreas, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Minandreas

Minandreas New Member

I'm afraid I don't know where else to put this post. If it seems there is a better place for it please move it =)

So after getting some instruction on how to do some things in d20 pro from Daniel (thank you again sir!) I find I understand the layout and interface a lot better than I would have ever been able to by simply following the printed instructions on the help section. I had an idea. Why not create some youtube videos that demonstrate some of the primary "how-to" of the system. I am not good at figuring out things through text and pictures. If I have to learn how to use a system like this with only text and pictures it will actually turn me off to it entirely. I'm sure I can't be the only one! So if you guys had a bit of time, I think videos could really be beneficial.

1) you could move quickly and efficiently from topic to topic explaining things without having to slow down and wait for the other person. Because they can always rewind the video if they need to see it again.

2) People could get as close to personal step by step instruction as possible without actually talking to someone. Meaning if I forget how something is done and can't figure it out, I can just pop up the video on youtube to learn how again!

3) Certainly saves your valuable time answering basic questions. =)

Maybe just a few specific categorical videos.
    The Basics (an overview of the interface. The different menu options etc.)
    Creating Maps
    Creating Characters/Monsters
    Combat

and whatever else you can think of! Obviously people are always going to have more specific questions, but this could help eliminate the more redundant basic stuff. Just a suggestion!

2. Dan

Dan Member

We have some videos, but certainly need more. There are two under our tutorials section for Starting d20pro, and one for allocating more memory. We have a Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/d20pro

We plan on releasing more video tutorials as we go and we would like to target areas that you feel are important. Please give us more suggestions for tutorials and we will try to hit those first.

Here are the ones we have:

Hosting and Login
    [youtube]eAkj6S9cTAY[/youtube]

Managing Licenses
    [youtube]TGtCJfpxwqI[/youtube]

Basic Map setup & Fog of War
    [youtube]uTIxaMq8umE[/youtube]

3. Minandreas

Minandreas New Member

Oh very cool! Didn't see those for some reason. thanks!

After watching all three I definitly would like to see a few more =)

Maybe one on building a monster from scratch?

Maybe also have one that goes over a combat situation as well? I would really like to see those.

4. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hail Minandreas,

I am glad you liked the videos. We are planning on getting some more videos done for this. I like the idea of building a creature from scratch.

Thanks,

Nick