1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

VTT Feature Comparison Chart needs updating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heruca, Mar 7, 2011.

1. heruca

heruca Member

After the Four Ugly Monsters website died, I "inherited" this VT Feature Comparison Chart, which is now being hosted on my website. It's an excellent companion to my existing Comprehensive List of Virtual Tabletop Programs for RPGs and my Guide to Choosing a Virtual Tabletop. Unfortunately, some of the information in the Feature Comparison Chart is now obsolete/incorrect (it was compiled a couple of years ago, I think), given that many VTs are still evolving and adding more features and capabilities.

I would like someone to provide updated information for the d20Pro entry on this chart. To ensure that the information is 100% accurate, I would like someone on the dev team to be the one to provide the updated information (rather than a random user/fan).

Please send the updated information to me via email (heruca at mac dot com), and I will see to it that the chart is updated ASAP.

Thanks!

2. heruca

heruca Member

The VTT Feature Comparison Chart has now been updated with new info for MapTool, Fantasy Grounds 2, ViewingDale, and Battlegrounds. Info for the other VTs will be updated if the developers respond to the request for updated info.

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

You need to change the value for D2-PRO Miniature facing from "no" to Yes" as it is supported.

4. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Thanks Golkiwu!

A big thanks as well to Heruca for taking this over. I know its a big help in growing the community as more and more people start using VTTs. I'm working on getting back to you on on updates for the d20Pro entry.

5. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

Might I suggest that the items listed on that chart become top priority for updates and modifications to the d20Pro software -

I say this because I would like to see this solution beat all others and as quickly as possible. By dominating this chart and sharing it throughout the gamer community the support and user base will grow immensely for d20Pro.

6. heruca

heruca Member

The info for 4 of the 7 VTs shown on the chart has now been updated. Still waiting on the d20Pro updated info. I imagine a lot has changed in the couple of years it's been since the chart was first compiled.

7. Dan

Dan Member

Finalizing the features list - will have it very soon.

8. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member

9. Dan

Dan Member

Sorry, I thought this had been posted by someone else by now. Here is the link:

d20pro VT Chart Info

10. Dragonmaster13

It says on the chart that printing of the character sheets is possible. How do you do that?

11. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Export to PDF and print it.

:mrgreen:

12. Dragonmaster13

I select a character from the library, click export, and the only option is Native d20pro format.

13. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Yeah, sorry, I was not thinking about the right software.

:mrgreen:

14. heruca

heruca Member

Hi again.

The time has come for me to once again update the VTT Comparison Chart, which is now hosted here.

The info on the chart is badly in need of an update, and I figure while I'm at it, I can purge old VTTs and add new ones (for example, the now-defunct ViewingDale was removed, and EpicTable might be added soon).

I was wondering if whoever is currently in charge of d20Pro development/maintenance could email me the info they would like to see posted in the d20Pro column for each row on the chart. Or to give the word if the current info listed is still relevant and complete. Thanks!

15. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Heruca, I'll send the updated info your way in the next day or two. There's lots of great updates coming out THIS WEEK for D20PRO in fact!

Glad to hear EpicTable might be coming out of alpha/beta phase. I met the dev at GenCon a few years back and still carry around his awesome coin-business card.

- Owlbear

16. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Heruca,

I've shared a goggle doc with the updated comparison data. We launch the new shadowcasting version next week, so the updated information is in the doc.

Good luck on the content drive kickstarter!

17. heruca

heruca Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that the VTT Comparison Chart has just been updated with the information submitted (by the developers themselves, in most cases). Most of the information was transcribed verbatim, but I did make a handful of edits for the sake of brevity and/or clarity.

Check it out, let me know if any further changes need to be made, or if any content on the chart is incorrect, and I'll see that it gets fixed.

I don't have the time to personally verify every claim and data point, so I'm counting on everyone to let me know if there are any blatant untruths or exaggerations regarding each VTT's capabilities.

Here's the link to the chart.

18. heruca

heruca Member

Thanks, Owlbear.

It didn't go well the first time around, I'm afraid. Had to cancel the campaign and start over with a smaller-scale project. But the new campaign is doing very well.

19. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the chart. The community (myself included) have always appreciated that one. Before I joined forces with D20PRO I used Battlegrounds and MapTools extensively. Good stuff :)