1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Walls, Please

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Thurgian, May 17, 2010.

1. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Ok, so i spent days making a nice map.

I got the map loaded into D20; and everything looks nice - unfortunately, players can walk through empty space.

So, I figure I will use the drawing tools and add walls. Unfortunately, this only adds pixels to the screen ...

Besides not hindering wandering players, this also interferes with the idea i had for secret corridors (but that isn't important here).

Please consider doing one (or both of the following):

Make walls created with the "Wall Tool" act like map boundaries.

Make the canvas color (map import) work like a map boundary (I like this idea better, as I then wouldn't have to draw walls around all of my maps).

Real walls could lead to real FoW (although the fog we have now is acceptable).

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi,

The FoW is another issue and we realize the importance of a dynamic FoW.

Some more great ideas, thanks! The idea of being able to put something in / on the map to stop players from moving through is a solid one and on our plate. Can you elaborate on this please?

Thanks and happy gaming,

Nick

3. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

When you are creating a map, using the import feature, you have the option of seeting a "Canvas" color (Background). If the canvas color was defined to be impassable, it would be an easy thing to import maps that utilized that color for their walls. Voila, solid walls upon upload of map.

FoW would be nice, but mostly what you have now works (for me); but I would really like for their to be true walls (movement restriction, not necessarily visibility blocking)

4. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Thanks! I will pass this along to the development team.

Best,

Nick