1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Abilities

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by jaly, Aug 29, 2011.

1. jaly

jaly New Member

It would be nice if weapon abilities were configurable via the Attack Adjsutments portion of the attack gui. For example, Flaming Burst can be enabled/disabled by command word. Right now, I need to have two seperate attacks for flaming burst. Adding dice/type of damage to the attack adjustments would make this simpler (well for me).

Right now, I am playing an Arcane Archer and have 4 pages of attacks with my bow. I have options for Flaming/Icey/Shocking Burst each with and without Axiomatic/Holy (and vice versa). I have each attack option entered 2x, once at 1d8 and once at 2d6. The 2d6 is when I have Gravity Bow cast on myself.

Another option we have discussed is loading the bursts and holy/axiomatic via abilities. However, each time I change my setup - the GM will have to clear the old ability. This may be the best way to do it currently, but some method of changing the weapon ability damage and base dice would be nice in the attack window.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

It would be nice to customize attacks more as you describe (all on one attack line).
    • Base Attack / Damage
    • Attack vs specified (alignment/creature type) / Different Damage
    • If Critical / Enhanced Damage (not simply a multiplier, can select additional dice which is not multiplied then added to the multiplied total - for burst type weapons)
    • Attacks that deal damage and applies some sort of effect (like a stunning fist attack or a trip attack or etc.)

3. Wynter

Wynter New Member

Would it be possible to implement these additional effects (alignment, effects, bonus damage) in the same way that sneak attack damage is added (at the bottom of the attack screen)? So you would have your normal attack listed (ie, bow) , and then you could access a pull-down (or something similar) to add your effect.

Just a thought...

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, the extra damage could be applied using the Attack Adjustments, though the damage will be listed as "Sneak Attack." If the damage category doesn't concern you, that's an excellent way to modify your primary weapon attack with extra damage from alignment/holy/unholy vs affected creature types.

5. Wynter

Wynter New Member

You misunderstood, I wasn't saying to use the sneak attack for the extra damage, I was piggybacking on your suggestion and suggesting that the program could have extra options in the same part of the screen where the sneak attack is...

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah! I like!