1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

weapon intelligence

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by unsaved, Jul 6, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

At the least there should be some association between weapon attacks in the Attack tab and weapon items in the Item tab. Why do I have to type in the weapon name when I already went through the trouble to type my preferred weapon name under the Item tab.

But the real advantage would be if I (or the delivered full product) could manage a reusable database of weapon attributes. The attack entries for a new weapon (in creature's Attack tab) could automatically be created by just adding a supported weapon to inventory (i.e. the Item tab). Could automatically make single and 2-handed attack records, etc. Would have to allow for personal adjustments for masterwork/magic/etc., but this would take care of 90% of the work, would model the game world better, and would reduce redundancy.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, this is part of the reason in my games no creature has any item listed in the items tab.

This would be full rules integration which is a future development after the spells and effects revision.

3. unsaved

unsaved Member

Great.

If really expanding the managed data, you may want to consider a high-performance embedded Java database like HyperSQL. Promoting my own product :).