1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

What changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rclarke250, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

In the new version, when I try to edit or replace the classes.txt or spells.txt file for the manually specified files in C:\Program Files (x86)\MindGene\d20Pro\judge\campaigns\Legacy Campaign\res\ManuallySpecified I get an error saying you are not allowed to edit this file, talk to your administrator, Since I am the administrator, and am logged in as an administrator, what kind of weirdness did you guys do? Trying to test the pathfinder APG release versions, and can't get the .txt files to copy over.

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

I can't think of any changes made on our end that would cause this.

The files might be read-only for some reason. I just did a clean install to test this and they shouldn't be read-only by default, but its something you can check.

Is this Vista or Win7? The UAC likes to restrict access to files whenever it gets a chance. Maybe try installing d20Pro not in the default location inside the Program Files folder?

3. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Yep, I checked this, after I posted, and for some reason the whole x86 folder and all subfolders were marked as read only, so I just removed it, and can copy files over ok.