1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

What does the password do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolitonMan, Dec 13, 2011.

1. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Hi, I'm trying to run games that are password protected but I guess I must be doing something incorrectly because my players are able to connect with my game with only my IP address. Or so it seems, perhaps I'm misunderstanding the use of the password feature.

The handful of sessions I've run as judge I've started by using a password. I give the players the IP address, but before I have a chance to pass along the password they're clicking on their connect buttons...players!

Anyway, I then see a window pop up telling me someone is connecting to my game. It doesn't seem to matter if I click the OK button or one of the Xs on the popup, the player seems to connect just fine. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that using a password meant that there would be no connection unless the player used it too. An explanation/some help would be much appreciated. :)

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You must click on the "Advanced" button to make a password when launching the Judge server. Even if one was entered previously entered, the default is no password. You must do this each time you wish to start d20Pro with a password.

Thus, if there is a password required and your players try to connect without the password there will be no connection. Your players will get an error stating that a password is required and to obtain it from the Judge who is hosting the game.