1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

What happen to all my stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, Sep 3, 2011.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    All my stuff is not showing up in the system. I tried to run upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.4.0 and now all my library are not showing up in my custom campaigns.
    if i actual look in the folders objects are listed their guess the program not seeing them. the only thing that is showing up my actual item list in the library, but
    my maps and creatures are all gone =*( Help

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This is very strange. The File System for 2.2 and 2.4 are the same.

What happens when you d20Pro > Options > Judge > Refresh resources ?

What happens when you restart d20Pro?

You said that you see all your files when you goto: \MindGene\d20Pro\judge\campaigns\ ?

Try coping that campaigns directory and move it to your "My Documents" folder.
    Then, rename d20Pro directory to d20ProOld in your Program Files directory.
    Then, install a fresh copy of d20Pro version 2.4 with 3.5 rule set.
    Then, move the contents of your campaigns folder (from "My Documents") and place it in the newly installed \MindGene\d20Pro\judge\ directory.
    Then, test it out again. Does it read your files?

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

I just tried Refeshing resources. did not work. I tried rename and folder reinstalling already, did not work either, only the items
    in library are coming up. yeah my other campaign folder are there and showing 120+ megs of data in them. I can load the campaign
    it just showing nothing in library expect items, I guess something got corrupt in when i ran the upgrade file. I am going to see
    if any of my friends still have installed on there laptops. We had not played in a while hope they did not delete it.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

OK.

Look in the following directory: \MindGene\d20Pro\judge\campaigns\[your campaign file name]\stored

creature folder = all creatures in the library
    handout folder = all handouts in the library
    maps folder = all maps in the library

Do you have objects in these folders?

You can do a search on your computer to find "1.obj" locate it and see if other numbered .OBJ files are there. These are the data files associated with creatures/handouts/maps.

5. KainPen

KainPen Member

yes I have those folders
    there are 339 obj files in my creature folder. =*( that why i am upset I put all of them in my self and set them up for 2.0 d&d rules.
    21 in hand outs and 40 in maps folder and that just in my 2.0 rule camp.
    I still have my world darkness camp. folder doing the same thing the only one that is loading properly is the 3.5 stuff.
    I tried to copy these obj over to the 3.5 folder also, they don't load after that either. =(

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm...

Have you tried re-installing d20Pro v2.2 (in a separate directory) then move the campaign folder back in the v2.2 directory, then see if v2.2 reads those objects?

Then if that works, using v2.2, we'll elevate this request to a developer to see what's going on.

7. KainPen

KainPen Member

yeah that did not work. the data must have goten corrupted. I got with one of my players and he had some of the files. I was able to restore some of my library. with the ones he had.

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

:(

9. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met KainPen,

Not sure what happened to your files but if you can zip up your d20Pro installation and put it somewhere I can access I will take a look. There's a chance the files can be recovered. If you do this, please PM me a link to the .zip file.

10. KainPen

KainPen Member

I already over wrote them with the ones my friend had. I am good as can be for now.