1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

What is Alter->Hold/Release supposed to do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AkosPrime, Jun 10, 2012.

1. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

In Judge screen, if I right-click an icon I have the option Alter->Hold/Release. What is this supposed to do? I couldn't find anything about it in the User Guide. I was guessing that it allowed the judge to stop a player from moving their character (perhaps to stop them from randomly exploring the map and revealing dynamic FOW type stuff.) But after testing it out, this is not what it does since the player was free to move the character in both free movement and combat initiative mode.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This was d20Pro's first icon'ized status effect. Which added an overlay graphic of chains to indicate that the player was held in place by some means.

You can still use it in this manner, or you can use the current icon status effect symbols. Then you can pick any image to use inside the status.zip file inside your ManuallySpecified directory.

But you are correct, d20Pro does not enforce rules - that's what the Judge/DM/GM is for.

3. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

Okay, interesting. So basically it's an effect, but outside the effects/statuses menu. I would have thought given its placement in the top level menu that it had more of a function than that. Thanks for the response and letting me know that it's not supposed to do anything other than but that chain link graphic over the icon.