1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Closing maps?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azemar1, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Azemar1

Azemar1 New Member

Hey there. I was making a map on the new version as a judge and i was doing fine for about 3 hours. I made haracters and amazing creatures to battle but then i pushed the d20 pro blue dice to bring up the main menu and EVERY single pre-made made including the one i made was there. I know that i have to push the X in the top corner to bring up a menu to save the map before it closes but that window opens up as a sliver on the bottom left side of my screen! How do i get rid of these maps and get my menu back to normal? i have a 23", 1920x1080 desktop so i dont think size is a problem... Please help :(

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, when clicking on the d20Pro menu icon then pressing the "X" after the map name will bring up the "Close Map" dialog box. This screen allows you to save the map as a copy, override the map, or discard the changes on the map to revert back to the original.

Depending on the screen size you make for d20Pro will determine the size of the Close Map dialog box. This Close Map dialog box can not be resized or repositioned. Currently, the only way that I've been able to change the size of this dialog box is to change the size of the d20Pro screen. Once you reduce the screen size of the d20Pro window, perform the same functions to close your maps. You will notice that the Close Map dialog box will appear smaller, and much easier to close/save/discard changes.

Hopefully, in the future this will be fixed so we can resize the "Close Map" dialog box.

3. Azemar1

Azemar1 New Member

Wait so until its closed theres no ay for me to continue??? I just tried opening the screen, making it smaller and pushing the x after the map names and it still pops up on the bottom of my moniter. It does that for every map... :cry: This sucks so bad!

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

If is is still open press f2 to do an autosave so you won't lose anything.

Then start closing the maps one at a time. Then save them as it asks if you want to close the maps.

At least I think I am understanding the issue.

Do you still have it up? Get a screen shot so I can better understand what is going on and email it to me at thecheesegrinder@gmail.com

5. Azemar1

Azemar1 New Member

HAHAHA Ok sorry apperently i was rolling epic fails before but i finally realized something. When i took the screen shot of my problem, the little white sliver (save/discard map) page at the bottom of the screen only let my hit the exit botton, and not any of the save or discard map options. So i stared at it for a bit and asked myself "what would Jengi do?" (one of my D&D characters) and wouldnt you know it! Jengi wouldv'e just moved the blasted taskbar that was so nicely hiding the save/discard map options haha. Epic fail on my part for not noticing my task bar could simple be moved earlier. Either way im not sure why the save/discard box is so far down the screen to begin with but thanks everyone for your help. I actually dont think i wouldv'e moved the taskbar if i hadn't taken that screenshot and noticed it. Well ima continue my quest building now =) Later
    [​IMG]